January 11, 2017

Published Wednesday, January 11, 2017 by

Madonna On Harper's Bazaar US January 2017

Madonna stars on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar magazine’s February 2017 issue, on newsstands January2017


Queen of Pop Madonna takes the cover story of American Harper’s Bazaar‘s February 2017 edition lensed by fashion photography duo Luigi & Iango. 


Beauty is work of hair stylist Andy LeCompte for Wella Professionals, makeup artist Aaron Henrikson, and manicurist Naomi Yasuda for Dior Vernis. Set design courtesy of Philipp Haemmerle. For the black & white story Madonna is wearing selected looks from top brands such as Gucci, Christian Dior, La Perla, Stella McCartney, Alberta Ferretti, and Marc Jacobs among other.



'Because I'm political. I believe in freedom of expression, I don't believe in censorship. I believe in equal rights for all people. And I believe women should own their sexuality and sexual expression. I don't believe there's a certain age where you can't say and feel and be who you want to be. All you have to do is look at my career—from my Sex book to the songs I've written, kissing a black saint in my "Like a Prayer" video, the themes I explored on my Erotica album. As I get older and I get better at writing and expressing myself, then you get into my American Life era, and I start talking about politics and government and how fucked our country's politics are, and the illusion of fame and Hollywood and the beautiful people' Madonna talked about political issues as an artist.


'It touches on a lot of really important topics I’ve always been invested in or championed—fighting for women’s rights, gay rights, civil rights, always fighting for the underdog. I’ve always felt oppressed. I know a lot of people would go, ‘Oh, that’s ridiculous for you to say that. You’re a successful white, wealthy pop star,’ but I’ve had the sh*t kicked out of me for my entire career, and a large part of that is because I’m female and also because I refuse to live a conventional life. I’ve created a very unconventional family. I have lovers who are three decades younger than me. This makes people very uncomfortable. I feel like everything I do makes people feel really uncomfortable. Why does this book appeal to me? Why did I want to adapt it into a screenplay? Because it touches me on so many levels and it deals with so many important topics. Right now, more than ever, it’s an extremely timely story to tell.' Madonna on her upcoming movie project, Loved, an adaptation of Andrew Sean Greer’s novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.













      edit